D-Day Anniversary 2016 Update for Heroes of the West
To commemorate the 72nd anniversary of the D-Day landings in Normandy, we have introduced 2 new maps, a new vehicles and a whole bunch of detail changes and updates for the Heroes of the West mod! The new maps are:
Caen Outskirts: a combined arms map featuring the British in a gruelling fight to break out from the Normandy beachhead in summer 1944. The map also introduces the British Bren Carrier troop transport.
Hill 400: this map recreates the bitter fighting in the winter of 1944 with the 2d Ranger Battalion struggling against Axis forces in the Hurtgen Forest.
If you own RO2/RS the mod is completely free to you. To get your copy, simply head for the store page: HERE
Heroes of the West mod added
Free user-created mod
Now released - the user-generated mod, Heroes of the West. Produced by the RO2/RS community, with a little help and some assets from Tripwire and Antimatter Games. Bringing RO2 warfare to the Western Front, the mod adds 4 new maps, 5 new character sets and 10 new weapons - with lots more to come!
If you already own RO2/RS, you can simply install the mod here:
Armored Assault Part 2
Nov 2014: And for the next free content update to RO2/RS, we have:
- New Map - Demyansk, with Territory, Countdown and Search & Destroy game modes
- Barashka and Gumrak updated to include the new light tanks
Armored Assault Part 1
Sep 2014: We are now providing another free update to RO2/RS. This time, new vehicles, weapons and contest-winning maps!
- German MG 42 Light Machinegun
- Soviet T-70 Light Tank
- German Panzer IIIM Light/Medium Tank
- Contest Map: Kobura - Americans defending a jungle airstrip in Burma against ferocious Japanese assault
- Contest Map: Tula Outskirts - a remake of an old favorite from RO1, with Germans attacking dug-in Russians
- Updated map for new tanks: Arad 2 now updated to showcase the new T-70 and Pz III
Game of the Year Edition
To celebrate the win of PC Gamer's "Multiplayer Game of the Year 2013", we have updated Rising Storm to the Game of the Year edition. This already includes all the previous content updates (Island Assault and the Counterattack mapping contest maps) and now adds in the following:
- 2 transport vehicles for the RO2 factions - Universal Carrier for the Russians and SdKfz-251 halftrack for the Germans
- 3 existing maps updated for the transports (Arad 2, Barashka and Rakowice
- New map - Maggot Hill, featuring Merrill's Marauders at Nhpum Ga, April 1944
- New Search & Destroy gameplay mode - a single life game-type in which teams take turns attempting to destroy one of multiple objectives by planting an explosive. A full set of 10 maps configured for this new game mode
- 3 new community maps now official - Phosphate Plant and Otori Shima featuring US vs Japanese and Myshkova River featuring Russians vs Germans
And don't forget that Rising Storm contains ALL the Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad mulit-player content, for free.
Continuing our tradition of providing free additional content for all our games, here is the "Island Assault" Content Pack for Rising Storm.
The pack includes the following new features for the games:
- Multiplayer Campaign Mode is an all new paradigm in multiplayer FPS games – more than just a game type, it ties the game types and individual matches together into a campaign that can keep you occupied for hours. This gives the multiplayer game more depth than ever before, as individual matches now matter for the overall victory or loss in the MP campaign. Both sides battle it out to control territories on a large scale battle map, voting on which territories to attack, whether to attempt to take more territory, or to defend and try to grind down the enemy's resources. We like to say it is like a “meta-game" of Risk. This features both Stalingrad and Pacific Theater campaigns.
- All new level: Betio. The tiny island of Betio was the scene of the heaviest fighting during the Battle of Tarawa in November 1943, the first major US amphibious offensive of the Pacific Theater. The map here recreates the push of the US 2nd Marine Division across the devastated island against their counterparts in the 6th Special Naval Landing Force (the Japanese 'Marines') as the US forces attempt to disable key tactical objectives such as naval guns and transmitter stations. The map favors desperate pitched defenses and assaults at all costs.
- Two new weapons, one for Rising Storm and one for Red Orchestra 2. Red Orchestra 2 gets the PPS-42 submachine gun. Born out of desperation during the siege of Leningrad, the PPS-42 provides the Russians with a powerful, lightweight SMG option. For Rising Storm, the Japanese get the Type 97 sniper rifle. More accurate than the existing Type 99 sniper rifle, this weapon gives the Japanese another way to reach out and touch their enemies.
- Classic Mode Refinements. While Rising Storm and Red Orchestra 2 are considered by many to be one of the most hardcore shooters out there, the hardcore among the fan base have been clamoring for something even more extreme and authentic. The fans have asked and we've answered with further refinements to Classic Mode (the most hardcore gameplay mode in RS/RO2). We've made player movement changes, as well as aiming and recoil changes to make it more difficult to keep your aim on enemies resulting in longer and more intense firefights.
- Counterattack Map Contest Pack 1: 4 new maps!
- Counterattack Map Contest Pack 2: 3 new maps!
Digital Deluxe Edition
- Day 1 Unlock of: the US M12 Trench shotgun, the Japanese Type 99 Machine Gun, the Japanese Type 99 Sniper Rifle with 4X scope (level 2), and the US M1 Garand with bayonet (Level 2).
- 2 Rising Storm soldier playable characters for Killing Floor.
- Rising Storm and Red Orchestra 2 soundtracks.
- Will include the Red Orchestra 2 Steam Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade (4 day 1 unlock weapons, 2 playable RO2 KF characters, and 2 RO2 hats in TF2).
About the Game
INCLUDES ALL RED ORCHESTRA 2 MULTIPLAYER CONTENT!
Rising Storm is the next game in the award-winning Red Orchestra franchise. You know the great gameplay, innovative features and realistic audio and graphics of RO2 - Rising Storm will take this to the Pacific Theater, adding even more features, new levels, new weapons and new factions. The game will allow the player to fight across iconic locations from the famous island-hopping campaigns in the Pacific from 1942 to 1945, as the US Army and Marine Corps fight it out with the Imperial Japanese army and Special Naval Landing Forces. Players will experience beach assaults, jungle fighting, close quarters night fighting and more across Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima and Saipan, among other iconic battles. The player is able to take the part of either side – American or Japanese – battling it out online in multiplayer on up to 64-player servers.
Rising Storm also introduces an entirely new type of gameplay to the franchise - asymmetrical warfare. The American’s have the apparent advantage in firepower with their fast firing semi-automatic rifles, fully automatic weapons, and devastating flamethrower. The Japanese balance this out with gameplay elements that model their raw courage, ferocity, and cunning use of equipment. Their knee mortars allow them to rain indirect fire down on their enemies from anywhere in the map. Grenades can be planted and turned into booby-traps for unwary GIs. The Japanese put very high store on close-quarter combat, with a bayonet on almost every weapon – even machine guns and SMGs. Their banzai charge suppresses the enemy making it difficult for them to return fire and gives them an opportunity to close in to use bayonets and katanas on their opponents.
- Large Scale Multiplayer Combat in The Pacific: Take part in the brutal fighting in the Pacific online with up to 64 players at a time.
- Iconic Battles: Experience iconic battles such as Iwo Jima, Saipan, and Guadalcanal as the US military struggles to clear the Japanese from the islands in the Pacific.
- Asymmetrical Gameplay: Far from the mirrored gameplay seen in other shooters, both sides utilize historical weapon sets and each have unique gameplay capabilities. American firepower is matched by Japanese ferocity and guile with such features as banzai charges, booby-traps, the infamous “knee mortar” and more. This creates a unique gameplay experience that can’t be found anywhere else.
- WWII weaponry redefined – again: all of the weapon functionality you expect from the franchise returns - true to life ballistics, bullet penetration, breathing, adjustable sights, free aim, weapon bracing, and more, create WWII weaponry that has no equal. To that add over 20 new weapons including the devastating flamethrower and the portable “knee mortar”.
- Morale: Your soldier’s state of mind plays a bigger role than ever. Banzai charging Japanese soldiers can heavily suppress the Americans making it difficult to return fire and allowing the Japanese to close the distance. The Americans can use their firepower advantage to suppress their enemies and gain the advantage!
- Bonus Content: All Red Orchestra 2 multiplayer content is included with Rising Storm as a free bonus. Fight in the Pacific, then fight on the Eastern Front at any time, all in the same game and same server browser. Find out what made Red Orchestra 2 PC Gamer’s Multiplayer FPS of the Year in 2011 with this award winning content.
- Full Mod SDK and Steam Workshop Support: Download some of the amazing existing community made content for Red Orchestra 2, or try your hand with the mod SDK and make your own maps or mods for either Rising Storm or Red Orchestra 2.
- Persistent Stats Tracking and Player Progression: Persistence constantly gives the gamer something to strive for and keeps them playing. Grow in rank, earn achievements, improve your abilities, and become a Hero!